Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Power of Personality: Light FM


So much goes into being a successful band. One important thing I've learned that contributes to success and all around bad-assery, I learned from people like Josiah from Light FM. I've seen Light FM a handful of times. They have the hard-to-come-by ability to combine massive guitars and hooky melodies. But I probably would not have seen them the amount of times I have if not for Josiah.

Josiah is a gracious, humble, and generous human being who I respect. I've seen his enigmatic charm put smiles on nearly every face he runs into at a show, and that is an invaluable gift. People want Light FM to be successful because they want Josiah and the other lovely members of his band to be successful. And that is something all of us in bands should take to heart. Here's to not being giant dicks in 2010.

You can help Light FM conquer the masses this year by voting for them as the best emerging band in Los Angeles at Deli Magazine here.

You can catch them live:
Feb 4th @ Tokyo Garden in Fresno
Feb 8th @ Spaceland


No comments:

Post a Comment