Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland


Turns out landing in the snow is not nearly as scary as I imagined it was! Heather and I spent the entire day yesterday traveling from Los Angeles to Madison, WI, and the final, heavily delayed landing in Milwaukee was the least interesting part. My highlight was driving west on highway 94 in a snowstorm at night when the windshield wiper of our car went flying off the windshield. With no exit for miles and the wiper hanging like a dead limb off the side of the car we debated whether or not it was a good idea to have Heather hold the wheel from the passenger seat so the driver, my good friend Josh, could unbuckle his seat belt and reach his entire body out the window into the flurry and attempt to put the wiper back into place. This plan, while not completely carried out, did not work. Luckily we were traveling behind a snow plow that was salting the road keeping us in traction and visibility until we could pull off the freeway and fix the problem.

Madison in a snow storm is absolutely gorgeous. We had dinner and beers at a local pizza joint that we walked to from our hosts', Josh and Jessica's fantastic house. It's been fifteen some odd years since I've been in the snow and I sorta forgot how wet it was. It looks so fluffy until your drunk wife makes powdery snow balls and hurls them at you. Then you get wet and cold. So fun, though!

In the only music related news of the day, I received a phone call from Travis as we deplaned in Milwaukee telling us that the Past Haunts have a gig next Thursday night at the Echo. I'll keep everyone posted on this and our adventures in the winter wonderland that is Madison,WI.

Ps I just checked the outside temperature. 9 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment