Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Flying Tourbillon Orchestra Does Fleetwood Mac

Late last night Heather and I made it out after work to the Otik Records Costume Bash at the Echo. While we were unable to witness the Voyeurs performing as CCR or the Monolators performing as ABBA, we did have the pleasure of catching The Flying Tourbillon Orchestra performing as Fleetwood Mac. I like a band that makes me want to play music. In this instance while watching FTO tear through such hits like "Rhiannon" and "Tell Me Lies" Heather and I got excited about what band we'd want to masquerade as. Heather thought the Cousins could go as The Bangles. I thought Summer Darling could do a mean Pixies. A good show produces that sort of reaction. It inspires those who play to go out and keep playing and it inspires those who listen to go out and keep listening. So my thanks to FTO for keeping some inspiration alive last night.

You can catch FTO at the Gibson Amphitheater on November 3rd with Silversun Pickups.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thanks guys! SD as Pixies / KC as Bangles.. sign me up!

    Hunter-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we know what we're doing next Halloween!

    ReplyDelete