Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Music Tuesdays: Death House Chaplain

I'm not at all surprised when I tell people I'm in another band besides Summer Darling and they respond that they had no idea. Actually, I'm in two, both of which I play drums. Today I am spotlighting Death House Chaplain.

I have been in Death House Chaplain three different times over a period of seven years, most of those years playing bass. The chance to play drums came around in late 2007/early 2008. We put a record out in 08 entitled Of Asthma and we're now at work on a new record to be completed early next year. So that you can get a sense of that band, I'm sharing a Mp3 of a brand new song called "Dot the Eyes." Paul Harper, the bassist, and I recorded the bass and drums live directly to eight track cassette. Matthew Holl, the guitarist/vocalist, later added guitar on the eight track and then dumped the session as one stereo track into Pro Tools and added his vocals. The guitar work reminds me of one of my favorite bands, US Maple, and I am really impressed with tones we got out of the eight track.

Death House Chaplain plays live Fri Nov 6th at The Ambiguous Warehouse Skatepark in Santa Ana. 9pm All ages Free Show, Free Beer for 21+
3123 Macarther Blvd., Santa Ana, California 92704

2 comments: