Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fan Spotlight: Chris K, Welcome To The Jungle


I figured it was time to shed some light on some of the people that make playing music totally worth while. We're starting with a man who is not only my friend, he's also my driver on special occasions, my drinking buddy on other special occasions, and an all around man of the people. Faithful readership, meet Chris K.

CLA: I'm obsessed with you. Luckily, you're everywhere I go these days. What the hell is going on?

Chris K: Its actually no coincidence that I've been around so much lately. I've put in some self reflection time lately and come to be more appreciative of how fortunate I am to have such a great group of friends who I simply don't see enough. And with all the opportunities lately its been awesome to be around you and the old gang so much. In fact, I've been in your hood more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the prior 12 months! Its been awesome!

CLA: Aside from going to every show on earth, how else do you occupy your time?

Chris K: Well right now I'm eating tacos at a bar (at the bar to be more specific), listening to "Welcome to the Jungle" and watching TMZ with subtitles. some miami flavored dude is talking about gluteal implants. For real. Have you heard of this crap? "Hey 'member jennifer from algebra class? Dude I totally Ya ran into her at the social venue the other night! Really, how'd she look? Oh killer bro, she totally got a poop job!" So, in answer to your question, you know, stuff like that. And hanging with H of course.

CLA: It's 9pm. You've been working all day, and it was a doozy. Tell me what you pour yourself to drink and what you either put on to listen to or watch on TV.

Chris K: Crap. Is it 9 already? Ok now that work's done I need to work on some designs for furniture I hope to build this weekend. I could use some Jack on the rocks. Keep the mind limber and all. By this time at night I need something that doesn't have to be loud to be good. Last night it was Herbie Hancock. Mornings are for loud. I've started waking up to "Welcome to the Jungle" (I feel a theme developing) to get me going. If you were walking by on Broadway and heard my morning music you'd prob not know I was getting pumped to sit in an office alone for the next 6-12 hours.

CLA: This question is back by popular demand. I've found having a blog liberating, as it is a soapbox to sway the masses. Rant about one thing or person in your life, without getting too specific. Trust me, it feels Ah-mazing.

Chris K: This one is coming. Lots of drama lately. Gotta be careful how ranty I get :)

CLA: How's H doing? Send us the pic of him lounging in the ultra sweet recliner.

Chris K: H is the raddest! Funny you mentioned obsession earlier. Last time someone was obsessed with me they threatened Mr Hamilton (time before that the obsessor threatened to withhold my drycleaning but that's a story for next year's issue). And as you know, H might be considered by some to be a timid dude. But he's taken to a few of my lady friends (we're just friends no matter what heather says!) so I guess he's getting better! Much like college Chris I'm sure once he finds some hot bitch to cuddle with he'll get some confidence. And unfortunately that wasn't H in the eames lounge but here's one of him in my lounger. He makes me a better person. H is a good man. He's a good man.


2 comments:

  1. chris--we need to set date for AT pics of your place
    ben--i'm summer d's biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty stoked that this Chris has recently come into the lives of us kids in LA again. Seriously dude...can't wait to play some more soccer, get some late night drinks and make wednesdays like saturdays...

    ReplyDelete