Friday, December 11, 2009

I wish I was in better HEALTH.

On Monday I tweaked something in my back. No big deal, just felt a little twinge. Whatever that was has mutated and malignantly attacked the whole of my upper back, shoulders, and neck. I've had trouble sleeping and I'm in pain every moment of the day. I canceled yesterday's two rehearsals, played hookie on my blog, and skipped out on work. I've been given sage advice from friends and family, pills from even better friends and family, and I'm off to get a massage here shortly.

I started thinking about what could have caused this unfortunate downturn and I have come to the conclusion that it is most definitely stress related. The reason I am stressed out is a whole other subject that I plan to spend a week writing about in the new year, so for now we'll just marvel at how the body can physically manifest such mental struggle.

When I think of health and stress, the most suitable musical embodiment of these is the band Health. They are a local LA band that has a very unique approach to rock and roll. Below is a track from their most recent record Get Color. The jam is called "Die Slow" and although its certainly the poppiest of their songs, you'll still get the idea of what the knots in my back feel like.

Be thankful we've got our H/health.



No comments:

Post a Comment